Here are some Dodger-related links for a Monday...
- In Ken Gurnick's Sunday game recap on MLB.com, Chad Billingsley said of his two home runs given up, "You know it right when you release it and say, 'Uh oh, please take it.' "
- With Jered Weaver signing a five-year, $85 million contract extension, Jon Weisman at Dodger Thoughts provided a tale of the tape comparing Weaver and Clayton Kershaw. "Kershaw is ahead of Weaver's pace, meaning he's going to be owed more money each step of the way if he keeps up his trend of performance," noted Weisman.
- Casey Blake has been told by doctors that his neck condition could worsen if he continues to play, wrote Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times. Sounds like an easy disabled list decision to me, especially since the Dodgers effectively have a two-man bench right now.
- Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times weighs in on whether or not the Dodgers will bring back Juan Rivera, he of the "professional at-bat."
- Chris Jackson, the Isotopes beat writer for the Albuquerque Examiner, wrote a feature on catcher Tim Federowicz for MiLB.com. "I guess there is a little bit of pressure to show fans what I've got. But I think it'll eventually work out the way the Dodgers want it to," said Federowicz. A free Dr. Pepper to Tommy Blackjack for the link.
- Rafael Furcal, who is hitting .216/.280/.351 in 18 games with St. Louis, sprained his thumb in a fall at Wrigley Field on Saturday. Furcal missed both games over the weekend and as Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch noted, there is no set timetable for Furcal's return. The Dodgers begin a three-game series with the Cardinals Monday night.
- In the next week or so, there will be an iPhone SB Nation app available, for free, in iTunes. Here is a video demo: