Here are some links on a Sunday, as the Dodgers try to sweep in San Francisco...
- Matt Kemp may be the best player in baseball, wrote Tyler Kepner in Sunday's NY Times.
- Don't expect a bevy of roster changes this winter, wrote Dylan Hernandez of the LA Times. "There are a lot of players in this room who are going to be free agents," general manager Ned Colletti said on Saturday. "There's a pretty strong percentage of those we would like to retain."
- "His two outings have been really good," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said of Dana Eveland, per Antonio Gonzalez of the Associated Press. "He throws strikes and gets ahead of hitters. If he keeps pitching like that, it’s tough to keep a guy out."
- Dodgers closer Javy Guerra, who has saves in each of the last three days, has a cracked fingernail on his pitching hand, wrote Ken Gurnick of MLB.com
- The tentative 2012 MLB schedule will probably be released in the next couple of days, but Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News got a hold of the Giants' schedule. The Dodgers are slated to host the Giants next season on May 7-9, August 20-22, and October 1-3 (the last three games of the season), and head to San Francisco on June 25-27, July 27-29, and September 7-9. The MLB season will begin in full on Friday, April 6.