The Dodgers had a rough week, losing a pair of series to divisional foes. If they want to find a reason why they are currently on the outside looking in on the playoff radar, the Dodgers can look to their 28-33 record against the National League West.
Plus, the Dodgers had their two best players miss time with injury. It was not a good week.
The Dodgers ended the week 5½ games behind the Giants with 21 games left, and are 1½ games back of the Cardinals for the second wild card spot.
Dodger Batter of the Week: Mark Ellis did what he could to set the table from the leadoff spot with 11 hits and two walks in six games, hitting .423 with a .464 on-base percentage. But thanks to almost no production of the hitters after him, Ellis scored just three runs.
Dodger Pitcher of the Week: Clayton Kershaw made only one of his scheduled two starts, but it was good enough to win this award, as he struck out nine in his seven innings on Tuesday. But a blown lead after he left gave him a no-decision and led to a Dodger loss in extra innings.
Week 23 Record: 2-4
15 runs scored (2.50 per game)
24 runs allowed (4.00 per game)
.297 pythagorean winning percentage
Season Record: 74-67
557 runs scored (3.95 per game)
539 runs allowed (3.82 per game)
.515 pythagorean winning percentage (73-68)
- Tuesday: Relief pitcher Javy Guerra was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left oblique, and Josh Wall was recalled from Triple A.
- Wednesday: 2012 second round draft pick Paco Rodriguez was promoted from Double A Chattanooga. To make room for Rodriguez on the 40-man roster, Chad Billingsley's season was officially ended with a transfer to the 60-day disabled list.
- Friday: For the third time this season, Alex Castellanos was recalled from Triple A Albuquerque.
- Monday: Dodgers 4, Padres 3 (11)
- Tuesday: Padres 6, Dodgers 3 (11)
- Wednesday: Padres 4, Dodgers 3
- Friday: Giants 5, Dodgers 2
- Saturday: Dodgers 3, Giants 2
- Sunday: Giants 4, Dodgers 0
Upcoming Week: The Dodgers run the Tony Womack Gauntlet this week, battling the Diamondbacks in Phoenix for two games, followed by four games at home against the wild card rival Cardinals.
Previous Weeks In Review: Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Week 8 | Week 9 | Week 10 | Week 11 | Week 12 | Week 13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | Week 17 | Week 18 | Week 19 | Week 20 | Week 21 | Week 22
Week 23 Stats
|Uribe||Did not play|
|Treanor||Did not play|
|Federowicz||Did not play|
|Wall||Did not pitch|