Mike Minor faces the Dodgers for a third time in 2013 as he takes the mound for the Braves in Game 2 of the NLDS on Friday afternoon at Turner Field. Atlanta has won each of his two starts against Los Angeles this season.
Minor lasted six innings in each of his two starts against the Dodgers this season. He allowed two runs and struck out nine in a no-decision on May 19 in Atlanta, and he allowed one run with six strikeouts in a win at Dodger Stadium on June 9.
Minor was 8-2 with a 2.44 ERA after that win in Los Angeles, but in his last 19 starts was 5-7 with a 3.75 ERA, with 103 strikeouts and 29 walks in 120 innings.
In his career against the Dodgers, Minor is 1-1 with a 2.32 ERA in five starts, with 26 strikeouts and seven walks in 31 innings. The Dodgers were just 26-27 against left-handed starting pitchers this season.
Here are the numbers for active Dodgers players against Minor:
- Mark Ellis: 3-for-12 (.250), strikeout
- Hanley Ramirez: 2-for-8 (.250), home run, two walks
- A.J. Ellis: 4-for-10 (.400), home run, strikeout
- Adrian Gonzalez: 3-for-5 (.600), home run, three walks, strikeout, sacrifice fly
- Andre Ethier: 0-for-6 (.000), two strikeouts
- Nick Punto: 1-for-4 (.250), walk, strikeout
- Juan Uribe: 0-for-5 (.000), three strikeouts
- Scott Van Slyke: 0-for-5 (.000), two strikeouts
- Carl Crawford: 1-for-2 (.500), double, walk
- Tim Federowicz: 0-for-3 (.000), strikeout
- Dee Gordon: 1-for-3 (.333), strikeout
- Yasiel Puig: 1-for-3 (.333)
Skip Schumaker: 1-for-2 (.500), walk, strikeout