The Dodgers spring training television isn't as bleak as it first appeared. Prime Ticket will broadcast four spring training games, the team announced Friday, and Vin Scully will be in Arizona to call six different Cactus League games.
The six games are the most Cactus League games Scully as ever broadcast in one spring, though that is more of a technicality since the Dodgers were in the Grapefruit League through 2008. At any rate, this is far more exposure to Scully than fans got in 2012, when the Hall of Fame announcer called two games from Camelback Ranch: on Mar. 17 against the Giants, and Mar. 18 against the Angels.
Prime Ticket was originally slated to broadcast none of the Dodgers' Cactus League games, with KCAL broadcasting the only three games televised by the Dodgers. Here is a look at the updated Dodgers Cactus League TV schedule (all times PST):
- Monday, Feb. 25 vs. Cubs 12:05 p.m. (Prime Ticket, Scully)
- Thursday, Feb,. 28 vs. Angels 12:05 p.m. (Prime Ticket, Scully)
- Friday, Mar. 1 at Angels 12:05 p.m. (Fox Sports West, Angels broadcast)
- Tuesday, Mar. 5 at Padres 12:05 p.m. (Fox Sports San Diego, Padres broadcast)
- Thursday, Mar. 7 vs. Texas 12:05 p.m. (Prime Ticket, Scully)
- Sunday, Mar. 17 vs. Milwaukee 1:05 p.m. (KCAL, Scully)
- Monday, Mar. 18 vs. Arizona 1:05 p.m. (Prime Ticket, Scully)
- Saturday, Mar. 23 vs.White Sox 7:05 p.m. (KCAL)
- Tuesday, Mar. 26 vs. Colorado 7:05 p.m. (KCAL, Scully)