The Dodgers completed their successful gauntlet through the National League West, winning five of seven games, including a much-needed sweep in Phoenix.
Zack Greinke had his best week as a Dodger, with two scoreless outings on the mound and a 4-for-5 week at the plate. Greinke was even used as a pinch hitter during the week, and he walked.
Dodger Batter of the Week: The offense had a down week, but Hanley Ramirez continued his hot streak, hitting .296/.424/.481 with five RBI.
Dodger Pitcher of the Week: This is the easiest decision of the year, as Zack Greinke pitched 16 scoreless innings, including a shutout of the Rockies. Greinke gave up four hits and had four hits at the plate himself, to go with 16 strikeouts.
Week 15 Record: 5-2
27 runs scored (3.86 per game)
14 runs allowed (2.00 per game)
.709 pythagorean winning percentage
Season Record: 47-47
360 runs scored (3.83 per game)
378 runs allowed (4.02 per game)
.478 pythagorean winning percentage (45-49)
Elite company: Greinke not only pitched a shutout on Saturday against the Rockies, but he also singled and stole a base. Since the Dodgers moved to Los Angeles in 1958, they have only had three pitchers steal a base and pitch a shutout in the same game: Claude Osteen (July 6, 1966), Orel Hershiser (Apr. 21, 1985) and Greinke.
Extra, extra: After the Dodgers tied the Diamondbacks in the ninth inning on Wednesday, they turned to rookie Chris Withrow to pitch the 10th. And the 11th. And the 12th inning. Withrow became the first Dodger to throw at least three scoreless frames in extra innings since Travis Schlichting, who pitched four scoreless inning in extras on June 2, 2010.
- Monday: Three days after hurting his left shoulder on a swing in San Francisco, Matt Kemp was placed on the 15-day disabled list with left shoulder AC joint inflammation. Scott Van Slyke was recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque.
- Monday: Starting pitcher Stephen Fife was placed on the 15-day disabled list for the second time this season with right shoulder bursitis, retroactive to July 7. New trade acquisition Ricky Nolasco was added to the active roster.
- Monday: Dodgers 6, Diamondbacks 1
- Tuesday: Dodgers 6, Diamondbacks 1
- Wednesday: Dodgers 7, Diamondbacks 5 (14)
- Thursday: Dodgers 6, Rockies 1
- Friday: Rockies 3, Dodgers 0
- Saturday: Dodgers 1, Rockies 0
- Sunday: Rockies 3, Dodgers 1
Upcoming Week: The Dodgers run the Hubie Brooks gauntlet this week, with Kershaw headed to Citi Field in New York for the All-Star Game, followed by the unofficial second half of the season in Washington D.C. against the Nationals.
Week 15 Stats