The Dodgers rebounded from their slumping 4-3 week by taking a series against the Cubs and sweeping the Padres. The Dodgers were 5-1 for the week, the sixth week in their last seven with no more than one loss.
Dodger Batter of the Week: Even with his five-inning detour on the bench on Wednesday, Yasiel Puig gave the Dodgers the best chance to win all week. He takes the cake over Andre Ethier and Hanley Ramirez.
Dodger Pitcher of the Week: Ricky Nolasco takes the cake here with his second straight start of eight scoreless innings on Wednesday against the Cubs. The starting staff had its best week of the year, allowing seven runs in six games. Zack Greinke, who nearly won the award himself with two excellent starts, had a 1.72 ERA for the week, which was the highest on the staff. Clayton Kershaw, who leads MLB in innings per start, had the Dodgers' shortest start of the week.
Week 22 Record: 5-1
25 runs scored (4.17 per game)
9 runs allowed (1.50 per game)
.866 pythagorean winning percentage
Season Record: 81-55
549 runs scored (4.04 per game)
481 runs allowed (3.54 per game)
.560 pythagorean winning percentage (76-60)
- Friday: A few days after he was released by the Padres, Edinson Volquez was signed by the Dodgers to a major league deal. To make room on the active roster, relief pitcher Chris Withrow was optioned to Triple-A Albuquerque in a "See you next Tuesday" move.
- Saturday: About 10-15 minutes before the 9 p.m. PT deadline to add players eligible for the postseason, the Dodgers acquired infielder Michael Young from the Phillies to bolster the bench. Philadelphia received left-handed pitcher Rob Rasmussen in the deal. To make room on the 40-man roster, the Dodgers transferred Josh Beckett to the 60-day disabled list.
- Sunday: On the first day of roster limit expansion, the Dodgers recalled five players from Triple-A Albuquerque: outfielder / first baseman Scott Van Slyke, infielder Dee Gordon, catcher Drew Butera, and pitchers Stephen Fife and Peter Moylan.
As of Sunday, there were 30 active players on the roster. There will be 31 with the activation of Young on Monday.
- Monday: Dodgers 6, Cubs 2
- Tuesday: Cubs 3, Dodgers 2
- Wednesday: Dodgers 4, Cubs 0
- Friday: Dodgers 9, Padres 2
- Saturday: Dodgers 2, Padres 1
- Sunday: Dodgers 2, Padres 1
(L) De La Rosa
Previous weeks in review: Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Week 8 | Week 9 | Week 10 | Week 11 | Week 12 | Week 13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | Week 17 | Week 18 | Week 19 | Week 20 | Week 21
Week 22 Stats
|Howell||Did not pitch|