The Braves, Cardinals and Reds won in their last at bats, the Dodgers had their we just won the division lineup playing and lost falling a game back in the race for best record.
Here are quick recaps of Friday's relevant action.
Padres 2, Dodgers 0, Diamondbacks 6: Dodgers couldn't score with their we just used a lot of September call-ups lineup and fell another game back in their race to get home field for NLDS.
Cardinals 7, Brewers 6 (10 innings): Cardinals scored on a Carlos Beltran sacrifice fly in the top of the 10th to win.
Reds 6, Pirates 5 (10 innings): The Pirates lost a 9th inning lead for the second time in 3 games as the Reds scored 3 in the 9th to tie and then won it on a Joe Votto home run.
Braves 9, Cubs 5: With the game tied at 5 going into the 9th, the Braves scored 4 runs off Kevin Gregg to move closer to another NL East title.
Nationals 8, Marlins 0: Jordan Zimmermann won his 19th game but the Nationals saw their elimination move down to 4 with 8 games to play.
Here is a look at relevant games on Friday:
- 1:05 p.m. - Atlanta (Kris Medlen) at Chicago (Travis Wood)
- 4:05 p.m. - Miami (Tom Koehler) at Washington (Stephen Strasburg)
- 4:05 p.m. - Cincinnati (Homer Bailey) at Pittsburgh (A.J. Burnett)
- 4:10 p.m. - St. Louis (Lance Lynn) at Milwaukee (Yovani Gallardo)
- 5:40 p.m. - Los Angeles (Clayton Kershaw) at San Diego (Burch Smith)