LOS ANGELES -- Add catcher Drew Butera to the list of MLB players, along with Dodgers teammate Yasiel Puig, who will participate in the "Japan All-Star Series" in Japan beginning next Tuesday, Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association jointly announced on Friday.
Puig was named to the preliminary roster for the trip back in August, and the rosters are now finalized for the first offseason barnstorming season by major league players in Japan since 2006. The group of MLB players will play against Japan's national team, "Samurai Japan," for five games, with a pair of exhibition games bookending the trip that aren't a part of the "series."
The MLB team will be managed by Red Sox manager John Farrell.
Here is the schedule of games, which will be televised by live by MLB Network:
- Nov. 11: Exhibition vs. Hanshin
/ Yomiyuri at Koshien in Osaka, 1 a.m. PT
- Nov. 12: Game 1 at Kyocera Dome in Osaka, 1 a.m.
- Nov. 14: Game 2 at Tokyo Dome, 1 a.m.
- Nov. 15: Game 3 at Tokyo Dome, 1 a.m.
- Nov. 16: Game 4 at Tokyo Dome, 1 a.m.
- Nov. 18: Game 5 at Sapporo Dome, 2 a.m.
- Nov. 20: Exhibition vs. Team Japan at Okinawa Cellular Stadium, 1 a.m.