GLENDALE -- Dodgers center fielder Matt Kemp continues to add baseball activities to his workouts and takes ground balls in the outfield every day. But he still hasn't been cleared to run, and the timetable for being able to do so isn't any clearer than it was at the beginning of camp.
Manager Don Mattingly said Kemp has been able to increase speed while running on the anti-gravity treadmill, but there is still no date set for clearance to run regularly.
"That depends on what the doctors say," Mattingly said.
Kemp has had monthly MRI exams since having surgery to remove torn cartilage in his left ankle in October. Mattingly said the last exam was roughly two weeks ago, so we could have another two weeks or so before hearing anything new.
- Yimi Garcia has been sidelined by a bruised kneecap, revealed by an MRI exam on Tuesday. The right-hander, who was added to the 40-man roster in November, will not need surgery. Garcia was able to play catch on Wednesday. "It will be a little bit before he gets off the mound," Mattingly said.
- In Dodgers pitchers recovering from lat strains news, Brandon League threw off a mound on Wednesday and Zach Lee is scheduled to do so on Thursday.
- Mattingly compared the swing of Joc Pederson to Robinson Cano and Carlos Gonzalez on Wednesday. "He's got really nice hands, he's fluid in terms of the way the swing's supposed to look, easy. He's more Cano-ish, if you want to throw categories out there, CarGo and those guys; his swing looks a lot like those guys," Mattingly said. "It's about Joc developing and understanding his keys for certain pitchers and his approach to those guys. I think everyone has high hopes for Joc."
- When asked if Pederson would have to be able to play every day to be promoted to the majors, Mattingly said, "There's nothing wrong with guys coming up and playing part time. You don't want to have guys come up and sit."
- The Dodgers will play intrasquad games on Sunday and Monday at Camelback Ranch. Scheduled to pitch on Sunday are Hyun-jin Ryu, Matt Magill, Kenley Jansen, Brian Wilson, Chris Perez and J.P. Howell.
- Scheduled to pitch on Monday are Dan Haren, Stephen Fife, Chris Reed, Paco Rodriguez and Jamey Wright.