LOS ANGELES -- The preliminary 2015 schedule was released by Major League Baseball on Monday, and the Dodgers will begin next season at home with a game against the Padres on Monday, April 6.
The Dodgers play 18 of 21 games in April against the National League West, with three off days in the first 15 of the season.
The regular season ends on Sunday, Oct. 4, also at home against the Padres, A three-game series after a seven-game road trip against the NL West.
The interleague play carousel has National League West teams playing American League West foes in 2015, which means a slight deviation from the norm next season, with six games against each team's natural rival and one three-game series against two of the other four teams in the division, and two-game home-and-home series against the other two teams.
The Dodgers interleague schedule:
- Sep. 7-9 against the Angels in Anaheim, and July 31-Aug. 2 at Dodger Stadium
- Four games against the Athletics; two at home on July 28-29, two in Oakland Aug. 18-19
- Three games against the Astros in Houston on Aug. 21-23
- Three games at home against the Mariners on April 13-15
- Four games against the Rangers; in Texas June 15-16 and in Los Angeles June 17-18
The Dodgers will host the Giants nine times in 2015, with series at Dodger Stadium on April 27-29, June 19-21 and Aug. 31-Sep. 2. The Dodgers play 10 games in San Francisco, with series on April 21-23, May 19-21 and Sep. 28-Oct. 1.
In September and October, the Dodgers will play 26 of 32 games against the NL West.