The 2016 MLB Draft starts at 4 p.m. PT, but the mock drafts have been coming for a month or so. So I decided to go back and see who the national experts have the Dodgers selecting with their first two picks, No. 20 and No. 32 overall.
Perhaps the most intriguing is shortstop Delvin Perez from the International Baseball Academy in Puerto Rico. He was thought to be a top-10 pick by many before reports of a failed PED test caused his draft stock to drop like a rock. Keith Law in his final mock draft at ESPN has the Dodgers selecting Perez at No. 20 overall.
Here is a summary of all the players linked to the Dodgers in mock drafts by ESPN, Baseball America and MLB Pipeline. Hood's draft prospect ranking is in parentheses before each player name:
(5) Josh Lowe, 3B, Georgia [Baseball America 2.0, John Manuel]
(3) Perez, SS, International Baseball Academy (Puerto Rico) [ESPN 4.0, Law]
(74) Matt Thaiss, C, Virginia [ESPN 2.0, Law]
(49) Robert Tyler, RHP, Georgia [Baseball America 5.0, Manuel]
(20) Will Benson, OF, The Westminster Schools HS (Atlanta) [MLB Pipeline 3.0, Mayo]
(33) Dunn, RHP, Boston College [Baseball America 2.0, Manuel]
(39) Alec Hansen, RHP, Oklahoma [Baseball America 3.0, Belinsky]
(51) Matt Krook, RHP, Oregon [Baseball America 1.0, Belinsky]
(41) Taylor Trammell, OF, Mount Paran Christian School (Kennesaw, GA) [MLB Pipeline 5.0, Mayo]