As Eric Stephen steps into a new role and Ryan Walton takes the reins here at True Blue LA, we’ve got some opportunities for you to join us in covering the Dodgers for the rest of this season and beyond.
If you’re reading this, it’s safe to assume you love the Dodgers and the community we’ve built at True Blue LA. Keep reading, because this is your chance to join our team here at True Blue LA and become a bigger part of this community in a meaningful way..
What are we looking for?
We’ve got a few opportunities available:
- Deputy editor: Assist the managing editor with the day-to-day operation of the site; contribute game previews, recaps, opinion pieces, and other Dodgers-related content as needed.
- Social media coordinator: We need someone to manage our Facebook and possibly our Twitter account and keep them fun, engaging, and informative.
What skills and qualifications should you have?
We’re looking for people who:
- Have a passion for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Ideally already enjoy reading, commenting, and participating in the True Blue LA community.
- Are able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Are self-starters and comfortable meeting deadlines.
- Previous writing and/or social media management experience is strongly preferred.
- A healthy appreciation for puns. Eric’s role may be changing, but our priorities remain the same.
How do you apply?
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to SB Nation’s talent manager for team brands, Jeanna Thomas, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must submit each of these items to be considered. You can also feel free to hit Jeanna up with any questions about the positions, True Blue LA, or SB Nation in general.
These are part-time, remote contractor positions that pay monthly stipends. If your background and experience don’t perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in one of these roles, we encourage you to apply.