It’s hot stove season here at True Blue LA, and we’re still on top of all the Dodgers news we can get our hands on. We’ve got a chance for you to join our team and help us cover the Dodgers this offseason and beyond.
True Blue LA is seeking a new site manager. Keep reading to find out if this is the right opportunity for you.
What does the job entail?
The site manager for True Blue LA will be responsible for:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Managing the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruiting, training and managing a staff of contributors that cover the Los Angeles Dodgers and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Enforcing guidelines and moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
This is a part-time, remote contractor role compensated with a monthly stipend.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best site manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Dodgers.
- Already enjoy reading and commenting in the True Blue LA community.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Have a plan for maintaining a welcoming and inclusive community for Dodgers fans.
- Be a self-starter and comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
Submit a cover letter explaining why you think you’re a good fit for the role, a resume detailing any previous writing or management experience, and a writing sample (preferably baseball-related) via our Vox Media Job Board. You must submit all three items to be considered for this role.
If you have any questions about this role, True Blue LA, or SB Nation in general, reach out to Jeanna Thomas, SB Nation’s talent manager for team brands, at email@example.com.
SB Nation and True Blue LA are dedicated to bringing you coverage of the Dodgers from a diverse array of voices and writers of all backgrounds. If your qualifications and experience do not perfectly align with everything we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.