The Arizona Fall League will have their Fall Stars Game this Saturday that will feature some of the best prospects in the game. The Angels Jo Adell, Royce Lewis from the Twins and Joey Bart, the Giants top prospect are just some of the players that will be in that game.
The Dodgers will have one player, right-handed pitcher Brett De Geus, on the West Roster. De Geus. The 21-year old split time between Great Lakes and Rancho Cucamonga this past season. Overall he made 39 relief appearances, pitching 61⅔ innings with 72 strikeouts and 13 walks.
In the Fall League, De Geus has pitched five games and 6⅓ scoreless innings. He has given up two hits and one walk while striking out seven.
Here’s a look at the other Dodger prospects in the Fall League. You can check their statistics here.
- Omar Estevez is hitting .265/.327/.286 in 54 plate appearances with 8 strikeouts and five walks.
- Jeren Kendall is still striking out quite a bit, 23 times in 46 plate appearances. When he makes contact, it is not bad, 9-for-21 with a double and a home run. But unless that contact rate improves, his other tools won’t be able to shine at the highest levels of baseball.
- Devin Mann has only three hits in 41 plate appearances. He has walked seven times and struck out nine times. This is the end of his first full professional season so hopefully this experience against this competition will prepare for his next stop in the Dodger system.
- Both Michael Busch and Justin Yurchak have had very limited play. Each have less than 10 plate appearances as of this writing. It is good to see Busch playing given his also limited playing time after he signed in July.
- Gerardo Carrillo has pitched the most of any of the Dodger prospects. He has pitched 14⅓ innings and given up six runs and 12 hits. He has 15 strikeouts and six walks.
- Marshall Kasowski has pitched in six games, pitching 5⅓ innings. He gave up three runs and four hits. He has seven strikeouts and five walks.
- Mitchell White has made three appearances. White has pitched 2⅔ innings and allowed two runs and three hits.
The Arizona Fall League concludes play with their Championship Game on Saturday October 26th.