The Dodgers took the W against the Los Angeles Angels at Tempe Diablo Stadium. You can find the full box score here.
Ross Stripling had the start on the mound against the Angels. In his three-inning outing, he gave up two runs and four hits against 13 batters. (You can read more about Stripling’s role in the starting rotation here.)
The Dodgers bullpen looked solid in Tempe. There was a new reliever for every inning and no runs were allowed. Pedro Baez took the win for his performance in the fourth.
A wild fifth inning:
Things got interesting for the Dodgers in the top of the 5th.
The boys in blue took advantage of the pitching mistakes made by the Angels reliever Luis Garcia. Here’s what went down:
- Cody Bellinger doubled to right field. He then advanced to third base on a wild pitch by Garcia.
- Justin Turner walked. He then advanced to second base on another wild pitch by Garcia.
- Enrique Hernandez walked. Bases loaded.
- Austin Barnes walked. Bellinger scores. Runners advance to second and third.
- Daniel Castro singled to left field. Turner scores. Hernandez scores. Barnes advances to second.
- Ezequiel Carrera grounded out to first, advancing Barnes to third.
- Paulo Orlando walks.
- Garcia is replaced on the mound by Greg Mahle. Edwin Rios grounded into a double play to end the inning.
The three runs scored in the fifth were enough to win the ball game. The run scored in the sixth was just a cherry on top.
Other notable performances:
- Enrique Hernandez goes 2-for-2 with two runs.
- A.J. Pollock steals a base
- Austin Barnes snags 2 RBI
The Dodgers face the Kansas City Royals on Friday, March 8th at 6:05 p.m. to a sold out Camelback Ranch. The game will be broadcast on SportsNet LA.