- Dodgers reliever Joe Kelly talked to the media after blowing another lead, resulting in a loss to the Giants. NBC LA’s Michael J. Duarte provided a video of this postgame interview.
- Sports Illustrated’s Emma Baccellieri examined the Dodgers and how the ball club represents exactly what MLB is trying to eliminate - long games, position players pitching and ... home runs?
- Los Angeles Times columnist Arash Markazi wrote a column about Dodgers Organist Dieter Ruehle and how he is becoming a fan-favorite by playing songs by the recently slain Nipsey Hussle, Selena Quintanilla and famously popular children’s song, Baby Shark.
- Update on the Dodgers fan who was brutally beaten outside the stadium on Friday night. Unfortunately, the police have not identified a suspect in this crime. To donate to the family, follow this link.
Around the league...
- Check out this cool MLB commercial. It features Christian Yelich, Mike Trout and Carlos Correa in “Let the Kids Play 2.0”.
- Despite reaching a younger audience, MLB and Facebook decide to cut down the number of games broadcasted on the social media site from 26 to just six.
- Reds No. 3 top prospect, Hunter Greene, will undergo Tommy John surgery. The 19-year-old took to Twitter to talk about his speed bump.
Thanks for all the❤️ I’m in great shape & great spirits. I’m in LA & will have surgery next week by Dr. Neil Elattrache. I have an amazing support group & people around me that will make me even stronger. I’m still on track, time to move forward!— Hunter Greene (@HunterGreene17) April 2, 2019
- The Yankees have lost a couple more players to their already long injured list. Giancarlo Stanton is headed to the 10-day IL with a left bicep strain. He is accompanied by third baseman Miguel Andujar, who has a right shoulder strain.
- In happier news, Phillies star Bryce Harper and his wife announced they are expecting on the same day he made his return to Nationals Park as a visitor.