Happy Thursday, everyone! No baseball today :(
David Freese discusses his ninja moves
DAVID FREESE: HERO pic.twitter.com/08DmeAp6NK— Jess ️ ⚾️ ⚾️ ️ (@seawitched) April 4, 2019
The love story we didn’t know we needed
5pm...— Joe Davis (@Joe_Davis) April 4, 2019
Me: It’s gonna be sweet when you hit a leadoff jack tonight.
Kiké: And then we lock eyes and have a moment?
- The latest on the fan who is currently in a coma after a fight broke out in the Dodger Stadium parking lot. The lawyer for the injured fan is questioning the security at the stadium.
- In case there is no Tommy Lasorda bobblehead this season, here’s why. The Dodgers are reportedly suing a promotions company after being stiffed out of 40,000 Lasorda bobbleheads.
- Catch up on the book Ross Stripling read at the stadium prior to his start on Wednesday.
- Kenley Jansen will return to Colorado this week. The last time he was there, he was sent back to LA after dealing with a heart-problem, which led to him getting surgery in the offseason.
Around the league..
- Jacob deGrom’s dominance continued on Wednesday, as he pitched his 26th consecutive game of at least six innings with three earned runs or less. This tied Bob Gibson’s major-league record. Oh, he also hit a home run in the process.
Jacob deGrom homers for the second time in his career! #pitcherswhorake pic.twitter.com/fQUkRtDHev— FOX Sports: MLB (@MLBONFOX) April 3, 2019
- Remember the name, Jose Alvarado. Because this pitch is NASTY.
José Alvarado, Obscene 99mph Two Seamer.— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) April 3, 2019
TFW you think you're about to wear a 99mph fastball...
And it ends up outer third. pic.twitter.com/QtOtn3tbsc
- Close your eyes, Dodgers fans. Manny Machado finally hit his first home run as a Padre.
THERE IT IS! Manny Machado's first home run as a San Diego Padre!@Padres | #FriarFaithful | @MLBonFOX pic.twitter.com/Xw7cDml787— FOX Sports San Diego (@FOXSportsSD) April 3, 2019
- Injury news: Trea Turner was placed on the 10-day IL after he suffered a fractured right index finger on Tuesday night. Troy Tulowitzki left Wednesday’s game with a left calf strain. Jake Lamb left the game on Wednesday with a left quad strain. Marcell Ozuna was scratched from the lineup with right side soreness. Daniel Murphy will miss at least a month with a left index finger avulsion fracture.
- Former Braves manager Bobby Cox is in the hospital after suffering a stroke
Bobby Cox remains hospitalized after suffering a stroke Tuesday & having surgery. He’s been seeing visitors. GM Alex Anthopoulos said on MLB Network that he saw Bobby today & he was “in as good a spirits as can be.” He’s as tough as they come. So many folks pulling for you, Bobby— David O'Brien (@DOBrienATL) April 3, 2019
- Umpire controversy in Texas. It’s safe to say, home plate umpire Ron Kulpa was not a fan of the Astros on Wednesday night.
Also, @MLB more absurd behavior from Ron Kulpa. Antagonizing the pitcher, physically pushing the catcher, and interrupting the pitcher warming up. Insane behavior. pic.twitter.com/hKKdLRYLvC— Tyler Applegate (@t_applegate) April 4, 2019
Ron Kulpa missed Gerrit Cole's 2-2 fastball (5) to Joey Gallo. Cole was two steps off the mound and Kulpa called a ball. Gallo then drew a walk. pic.twitter.com/ivxlgDJh9t— Chandler Rome (@Chandler_Rome) April 4, 2019
This is absurd. @MLB Ron Kulpa, at the very least, deserves a suspension for this. Absolutley ridiculous behavior and an even worse strike zone. pic.twitter.com/UbQClbXn67— Tyler Applegate (@t_applegate) April 4, 2019