We have a lot to tackle this week on the podcast, which I believe is the longest in True Blue LA history. Among the topics covered in this episode:
- Finding the fun in the Max Muncy vs. Madison Bumgarner kerfuffle
- Corey Seager is hitting doubles again (plus where should be bat?)
- The entire Will Smith experience
- Injury updates on A.J. Pollock and Tony Cingrani
- An appreciation of 43-7 (and 42-8!)
- Thoughts on judging trades (hey look, Yordan Alvarez!)
- The Dodgers favorable schedule heading into the All-Star break
We have both a timely and functional look back this week, with an appreciation of Dioner Navarro, the former catcher who like Muncy once delivered a splash hit for the only run in a game at San Francisco.
Navarro was also in a time share of sorts at catcher with Russell Martin but was traded away in 2006 after only a few months of meaningful competition for playing time between the two. We ponder what might happen once Smith and Keibert Ruiz are both major league ready, presumably at some point in the next couple seasons.
Can Smith and Ruiz coexist, or will the Dodgers need to move one of them? We speculate, and compare and contrast.
Episode link (time: 1:21:38)