There were some outstanding pitching performances on Friday, Edwin Uceta and Andre Jackson each did well for the Drillers and Quakes, respectively. OKC fell short in their rally and Great Lakes lost both of their games.
Triple-A Oklahoma City
The Dodgers were unable to score after the sixth inning as they lost 9-7 to the Baby Cakes (Marlins) on Friday. Brock Stewart took the loss, giving up seven runs in five innings pitched.
Gavin Lux went 1-for-2 with two walks and two runs scored. DJ Peters collected his first hits at OKC going 3-for-5 with two doubles and three RBI.
The Drillers did just enough to beat the Travelers (Mariners) 2-1 at Arkansas. Edwin Uceta pitched six innings and gave up a run while striking out eight.
The Drillers scored their winning run in the ninth inning, an inning that saw them strike out four times. However, Cody Thomas reached first when he struck out on a wild pitch.
Eventually, the Drillers loaded the bases with one out. Another wild pitch scored Thomas to give the Drillers the lead.
Jordan Sheffield picked up his fourth save by striking out the side in the ninth inning. Though command appears to be an issue as Sheffield has walked six in 14⅔ innings at Tulsa, Sheffield has been able to get strikeouts with 24.
Class-A Rancho Cucamonga
The Quakes used power and pitching to beat the JetHawks (Rockies) 5-2 on Friday. The Quakes had home runs from Deacon Liput, Jeter Downs and Niko Hulsizer which accounted for four of the five runs they scored.
Andre Jackson pitched 5⅓ innings and gave up one run and struck out nine. Overall, Jackson has 36 strikeouts in 24 innings pitched since his promotion from Great Lakes, he also has walked 11 and given up four home runs in the California League.
Class-A Great Lakes
The Loons lost a pair of games to the Hot Rods (Rays) on Friday. Leading by one going to the bottom of the ninth, the Hot Rods got a single to drive home two as they got a 8-7 walk-off victory.
In the second game, Grant Witherspoon hit a two-run homer to put the Hot Rods in front and they went on to win 3-1.
Stephen Kolek took the loss in the second game, he pitched five innings and gave up three runs.
The Loons were unable to mount much offense, going 1-for-11 with runners in scoring position.
Advanced Rookie Ogden
The Raptors and the Rockies split their pair of seven-inning games. In the makeup game from Thursday, the Rockies won 5-4 while the Raptors took the second game with an 8-4 win.
In the first game, the Rockies trailed 4-2 going to the bottom of the seventh inning. But with one out and runners at second and third, Julio Carreras tripled home the tying runs.
The Raptors brought in Reza Aleaziz and then intentionally walked the bases loaded. That gambit did not work as Aleaziz would follow that by walking in the winning run.
Andy Pages had two doubles as he continues his good start at Ogden.
Alfredo Tavarez pitched well in the second game, he went four innings and gave up one run and struck out six. Andy Pages hit his fourth home run of the season.
- Left-handed pitcher Chris Nunn assigned to Oklahoma City from Tulsa
- Catcher Josh Thole assigned to Oklahoma City from Tulsa
- Oklahoma City placed left-handed pitcher Rob Zastryzny on the 7-day injured list
- Oklahoma City placed catcher Rocky Gale on the 7-day injured list retroactive to June 26, 2019
- Catcher Jordan Procyshen assigned to Tulsa from Rancho Cucamonga
- Left-handed pitcher Logan Salow assigned to Tulsa from Rancho Cucamonga
- Right-handed pitcher Brett de Geus assigned to Rancho Cucamonga from Great Lakes
- Left-handed pitcher Darien Nunez assigned to Rancho Cucamonga from Ogden
- Catcher Ramon Rodriguez assigned to Rancho Cucamonga from Ogden
- Rancho Cucamonga placed left-handed pitcher Connor Mitchell on the 7-day injured list
- Great Lakes activated right-handed pitcher Jose Martinez from the temporarily inactive list
- Right-handed pitcher Markus Solbach assigned to AZL Dodgers Mota from AZL Dodgers Lasorda
- Shortstop Miguel Droz assigned to DSL Dodgers Shoemaker
New Orleans 9, Oklahoma City 7
Rancho Cucamonga 5, Lancaster 2
Bowling Green 8, Great Lakes 7
Bowling Green 3, Great Lakes 1
AZL Dodgers Lasorda 7, AZL Royals 6
AZL Royals 10, AZL Dodgers Mota 3
DSL Athletics 5, DSL Dodgers Bautista 3
DSL Dodgers Shoemaker 9, DSL Rays Two 8
4:05 pm PDT: Great Lakes (TBD) at Fort Wayne [Padres] (Omar Cruz)
4:10 pm: Tulsa (Victor Gonzalez) at Arkansas (Justus Sheffield)
5:05 pm: Oklahoma City (Mitch White) at Nashville [Rangers] (TBD)
5:40 pm: Ogden (Alfredo Tavarez) at Grand Junction (TBD)
7:05 pm: Rancho Cucamonga (Leo Crawford) vs. Lancaster (Antonio Santas)