Tulsa, Rancho Cucamonga, Great Lakes and Ogden all won on Monday. Oklahoma City fell just short in their game against Nashville.
Triple-A Oklahoma City
Gonsolin pitched 3⅔ innings and along with the four runs, he allowed six hits and three walks. He also struck out four.
Left-handed pitcher Caleb Ferguson pitched his second straight scoreless inning since being optioned to Oklahoma City.
Gavin Lux and DJ Peters each had one double. The Dodgers went 3-for-10 with runners in scoring position. They left 13 runners on base.
The Drillers scored three runs in the seventh to rally and beat the Cardinals 6-4 at Springfield. With two outs, Zach McKinstry hit a two-run homer to put the Drillers ahead. Cody Thomas would score the third run in the inning on Chris Parmelee’s single.
Five pitchers took the mound for the Drillers. Logan Bawcom started and he pitched 5⅔ innings. Bawcom gave up four runs and seven hits.
Michael Boyle would get the win for recording one out. Nolan Long picked up the save.
Logan Landon hit a three-run homer to score the Driller’s first three runs. Keibert Ruiz also had two hits.
Class-A Rancho Cucamonga
The Quakes got a pair of two-run homers and enough pitching to beat the Storm (Padres) 7-5 at LoanMart Field. Jeren Kendall homered in the first inning as part of a three-run effort to give the Quakes the lead.
In the seventh inning, Marcus Chiu hit his two-run homer to make the score 7-4.
Michael Grove started for the Quakes and he gave up two runs in four innings pitched. Grove also gave up six hits and struck out three.
Wills Montgomerie got the win for his five-inning outing. Montgomerie allowed three runs (one earned) and seven hits.
Devin Mann had three hits, including a double. Nick Yarnall hit two doubles, scored twice and drove in a run.
Class-A Great Lakes
The Loons scored four runs in three different innings in their 16-9 win over the TinCaps (Padres). Miguel Vargas had his second straight two home run game.
Vargas went 4-for-6 with his two home runs and four runs driven in. Hunter Feduccia had three hits including a double.
Dillon Paulson and James Outman were the other Loons who homered. Jacob Amaya, Leonel Valera and Outman also had two hits.
John Rooney pitched five innings and gave up four hits and five runs (three earned). He walked three and had two strikeouts.
Advanced Rookie Ogden
The Raptors scored six runs in the seventh and five more runs in the ninth to go on and defeat the Owlz (Angels) 14-5 at Orem on Monday.
The Raptors hit five home runs as part of their ten-hit attack. Justin Yurchak had four hits including two home runs. Zac Ching hit his first home run and made it extra-special because it was a grand slam. Sam McWilliams went 1-for-2 with a two-run homer.
Andy Pages also homered as he went 2-for-3 with three walks and three runs scored. Earlier on Monday, Pages was named the Pioneer League Player of the Week.
Congratulations to outfielder Andy Pages, who earned Pioneer League Player of the Week honors for his performance last week! https://t.co/4k53dpD5dR— Ogden Raptors (@ogdenraptors) July 2, 2019
Kevin Malisheski started for Ogden and he pitched six innings. He gave up two unearned runs and four hits. Malisheski also struck out eight.
- Los Angeles optioned right-handed pitcher Josh Sborz to Oklahoma City
- Right-handed pitcher Logan Bawcom assigned to Tulsa from Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City sent right-handed pitcher Markus Solbach on a rehab assignment to AZL Dodgers Mota
- Tulsa Drillers placed left-handed pitcher Edward Paredes on the temporarily inactive list
- Rancho Cucamonga activated left-handed pitcher Wes Helsabeck from the 7-day injured list
- Rancho Cucamonga placed left-handed pitcher Austin Hamilton on the temporarily inactive list
- Rancho Cucamonga sent catcher Stevie Berman on a rehab assignment to AZL Dodgers Lasorda
- Left-handed pitchers Jeff Belge and Alec Gamboa assigned to AZL Dodgers Lasorda
- Right-handed pitcher Nick Robertson assigned to AZL Dodgers Lasorda
- Right-handed pitchers Aaron Ochsenbein and Ryan Pepiot assigned to AZL Dodgers Mota
- Left-handed pitchers Jacob Cantleberry and Mitchell Tyranski assigned to AZL Dodgers Mota
4:05 pm PDT: Great Lakes (Robinson Ortiz) vs. Lansing [Blue Jays] (TBD)
4:30 pm: Tulsa (TBD) at Springfield (Tommy Parsons)
5:05 pm: Oklahoma City (Dennis Santana) at Nashville (Seth Maness)
6:05 pm: Ogden (Jeronimo Castro) at Orem (Sadrac Franco)
7:05 pm: Rancho Cucamonga (TBD) vs. Lake Elsinore [Padres] (TBD)