Oklahoma City splits two games, Tulsa and Rancho Cucamonga win their close games while Great Lakes lose by one.
Triple-A Oklahoma City
The Dodgers played a pair of games against the Sounds (Rangers) on Tuesday. They won the first game, which was completion of a May 10 suspended game, 10-4 and lost 13-8 in their regularly scheduled game.
Zach McKinstry and Zach Reks each homered for the Dodgers. Luis Vasquez recorded five strikeouts to finally get credited with a win. Mitchell White pitched three scoreless innings and struck out three.
In the second game, the Dodgers led 8-3 before giving up seven runs in the sixth and three more in the seventh to lose by five runs. Josh Sborz and Kevin Quackenbush were the pitchers who were on the mound in that sixth inning. Quackenbush would take the loss.
Edwin Rios hit his 26th home run for OKC, Gavin Lux hit his 12th home run.
Want to watch Lux hit a homer? Of course you do. pic.twitter.com/XzTaXVgrdS— MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) August 21, 2019
The Drillers trailed by two runs going to the bottom of the sixth inning but then scored three to take the lead and eventually win 4-3 over the Sod Poodles (Padres). Singles from Donovan Casey and Connor Wong tied the game and Jeter Downs, in his Texas League debut, singled home the eventual winner.
Josiah Gray pitched 4⅓ innings in his start, he gave up one run and three hits, he walked two and struck out six.
Yordy Cabrera did give up two runs but he got credited with the win, Ryan Moseley and Shea Spitzbarth combined to pitch three scoreless innings in relief with Spitzbarth getting the save.
Omar Estevez and Downs each had two hits.
Class-A Rancho Cucamonga
The Quakes got another solid start from John Rooney in their 4-2 win over the Storm (Padres) at Lake Elsinore on Tuesday. The 2018 third-round pick pitched a season-high seven innings, he gave up two runs and six hits. Rooney also walked two and struck out four.
Miguel Vargas drove in all four runs for the Quakes. He singled home Devin Mann in the third inning to score the Quakes first run. Then in the seventh inning, he hit a three-run triple to make it 4-0.
Class-A Great Lakes
The Loons could not get the big hit on Tuesday in their 4-3 loss to the Cubs. They went 1-for-8 with runners in scoring position. Ryan Pepiot started and pitched 2⅔ scoreless innings as he struck out three.
Zach Willeman gave up three runs to take the loss.
Brandon Lewis went 1-for-3 in his Midwest League debut.
Advanced Rookie Ogden
The Raptors and the Vibes (Brewers) game was suspended in the bottom of the fourth inning due to poor weather.
Tonight's game has been suspended and will be picked up next week in Ogden when the Vibes visit.— Ogden Raptors (@ogdenraptors) August 21, 2019
- Los Angeles optioned right-handed pitcher Casey Sadler and outfielder Kyle Garlick to Oklahoma City
- Right-handed pitcher Dylan Floro recalled by Los Angeles from Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City placed outfielder Shane Peterson on the 7-day injured list
- Infielder Jeter Downs assigned to Tulsa from Rancho Cucamonga
- Tulsa released infielder Angelo Mora
- Rancho Cucamonga activated infielders Devin Mann and Marcus Chiu from the 7-day injured list
- Rancho Cucamonga placed infielder Eric Peterson on the 7-day injured list
- Infielder Brandon Lewis and left-handed pitcher Jeff Belge assigned to Great Lakes from Ogden
- Great Lakes activated catcher Garrett Hope from 7-day injured list
- Great Lakes placed right-handed pitcher Jack Little on 7-day injured list
- Great Lakes placed outfielder Romer Cuadrado on the 7-day injured list retroactive to August 18, 2019
- Right-handed pitcher Juan Morillo assigned to Ogden from AZL Dodgers Lasorda
- Infielder Eddys Leonard assigned to AZL Dodgers Lasorda from Great Lakes
4:05 pm PDT: Great Lakes (Stephen Kolek) vs. West Michigan [Tigers] (Robbie Welhaf)
5:05 pm: Oklahoma City (TBD) vs. Nashville (TBD)
5:05 pm: Tulsa (TBD) vs. Amarillo (TBD)
5:40 pm: Ogden (TBD) at Rocky Mountain (Antonio Hernandez)
6:00 pm: Rancho Cucamonga (Wills Montgomerie) at Lake Elsinore (Gabe Mosser)