The Yankees and Astros get closer to winning their divisions and things tighten up in the each league’s Wild-Card race. Today’s pictured game was from last night’s walk-off win by the Twins who scored three runs, the last by a hit-by-a-pitch to win in extra-innings.
Note that when you see a number between parentheses like “Cubs (10),” that means that is their elimination number from either the division or wild card race.
Any Clinchmas today?
The New York Yankees can clinch the AL East with either a win over the Angels or a Rays loss to the Dodgers. Because the Dodgers and Rays game starts at 5:10 pm, the Yankees won’t have to wait too long to get that result if they lose to the Angels.
National League Division Races
NL West - Dodgers clinched the division on Tuesday, Sept. 10th
American League Division Races
National League Wild-Card Race
- Nationals have the first wild-card position and have a 1½ game lead over both the Cubs and Brewers
- The Phillies (9) and Mets (8) each trail by 4 games and the Diamondbacks (6) are 5½ games back
- The Giants (3) are 9 games back
American League Wild-Card Race
- Athletics are in the first wild-card position and have a two-game lead over the Rays
- Rays have a half-game lead over the Indians (11)
- The Red Sox (3) lost in 15 innings and they are one-day closer to elimination
5:10 pm PT - Rays @ Dodgers
10:15 am - Nationals @ Cardinals
12:10 pm - Mets @ Rockies
12:37 pm - Royals @ Athletics
12:40 pm - Marlins @ Diamondbacks
3:35 pm - Angels @ Yankees
4:10 pm - Giants @ Red Sox
4:10 pm - Tigers @ Indians
4:20 pm - Phillies @ Braves
4:40 pm - Padres @ Brewers
4:40 pm - White Sox @ Twins
5:05 pm - Reds @ Cubs
5:10 pm - Rangers @ Astros