For about five minutes, it looked like that the Cardinals and Brewers were going to be in a first place tie going into today’s final regular season game. But then the Rockies got a two-out opposite-field home run from Sam Hilliard and then a Trevor Story walk-off home run that gave them the win.
There’s a 30.5% chance for the Cardinals and Brewers to finish with the same record.https://t.co/rqOXTTd7iW— Beyond the Box Score (@BtBScore) September 29, 2019
If there are any winners on Saturday, they are the Nationals and the Braves. With Jack Flaherty starting today, that means if the Cardinals should eventually become a wild-card team, Flaherty would be unavailable to start on Tuesday. And this also means the Braves may only have to face Flaherty once instead of maybe twice in the NLDS should the Cardinals hang on to the NL Central.
Jack Flaherty will start Sunday vs. #Cubs. If he wins the division as the #Cardinals hope, then he will be available to start Friday in Game 2 of the NLDS. Miles Mikolas will be there for Game 1. If Brewers force a tiebreaker game Monday at Busch, that's Mikolas' start then.— Derrick S. Goold (@dgoold) September 29, 2019
Any possible postseason clinching?
I keep saying this but the Cardinals can now clinch with a win or a Rockies win over the Brewers. If they end up tied for the NL Central, the Brewers will travel to St. Louis to play the Cardinals on Monday.
⚾️Tiebreaker update⚾️— ESPN PR (@ESPNPR) September 28, 2019
In the event that a Tiebreaker Game between the @Brewers and @Cardinals is necessary to determine the NL Central title, ESPN will be the home of the game Monday.
3:00 p.m ET on @ESPN
@karlravechespn, @PerezEd, @D_Ross3 and @Kurkjian_ESPN
Home-field advantage status
All of the home-field scenarios have been determined:
Wild Card Games:
- Nationals will host either the Cardinals or the Brewers on Tuesday
- Athletics will host the Rays on Wednesday
- The Dodgers will host the winner of the Wild-Card Game, the Braves will host the NL Central Division winner
- The Astros will host the winner of the Wild-Card Game, the Yankees will host the Twins
- The Dodgers and Astros have home-field advantage throughout their respective league playoffs
- The Astros will finish with MLB’s best record and will have home-field advantage in the World Series
- The Dodgers have home-field advantage against any AL team besides the Astros
National League Division Races
NL West - Dodgers clinched the division on Tuesday September 10th.
NL East - Braves clinched the division on Friday September 20th
American League Division Races
AL West - Astros clinched the division on Sunday September 22nd.
AL Central - Twins clinched the division on Wednesday September 25th.
AL East - Yankees clinched the division on Thursday September 19th.
National League Wild-Card Race
- Nationals clinched a wild-card berth on Tuesday September 24th
- The Nationals will host either the Cardinals or the Brewers in the Wild-Card game
- Brewers clinched a postseason berth on Wednesday September 25th.
American League Wild-Card Race
- Athletics and the Rays both clinched wild-card berths on Friday September 27th.
- The Athletics have a one game lead over the Rays. The Athletics have now clinched hosting the Wild-Card game on Wednesday October 2nd.
12:10 pm: Brewers @ Rockies
12:15 pm: Cubs @ Cardinals