There won’t be any live Major League Baseball games today, on what would have been opening day, but there are some old Dodgers games you can still watch or listen to.
We already knew about the opening day game from 2013 that will be on MLB Network. That’s the game in which Clayton Kershaw pitched a shutout, and hit a home run against the Giants.
But there’s also Kershaw’s no-hitter from 2014, when he struck out 15 Rockies and was only a Hanley Ramirez error away from a perfect game. That will be shown at 6 p.m. PT on MLB’s Twitter feed, as part of a league-wide “opening day at home” campaign with games from all 30 teams shown on various platforms, including Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.
Two other games in that campaign feature Dodgers losses, including the Mets winning Game 5 of the 2015 NLDS at Dodger Stadium (alternately known as the “Somebody #$@&%*! cover third base” game) and Ronald Acuña Jr. and the Braves beating the Dodgers in Game 3 of the 2018 NLDS to prevent a sweep.
The Dodgers are streaming opening day from 2019, when they hit eight home runs in a blowout of the Diamondbacks, showing the replay on YouTube, Twitter, and Dodgers.com.
There’s also a slate of games on MLB Network Radio, for you subscribers of SiriusXM, including Kershaw out-dueling Tim Lincecum on opening day in 2011, Kershaw’s first opening day start.
In addition to these classic games, ESPN2 is showing a slew of recent Home Run Derby contests, including two standout performances from Joc Pederson in defeat — his duel with Todd Frazier from 2015, and the epic semifinal battle with Vladimir Guerrero Jr. last year.
Dodgers-related opening day schedule
All times PT
- 10 a.m.: 2011 opening day (Kershaw beats Lincecum, Giants), MLB Network Radio
- 12:05 p.m.: 2018 NLDS Game 3 (Braves beat Dodgers), Las Mayores on Twitter
- 1 p.m.: 2013 opening day (Kershaw shutout, homer), MLB Network
- 1:10 p.m.: 2019 opening day (8 home runs), Dodgers Twitter, YouTube & Dodgers.com
- 3 p.m.: 2019 Home Run Derby (Joc-Vlad was round 2), ESPN2
- 3 p.m.: 2015 NLDS Game 5 (deGrom, Mets eliminate Dodgers), MLB on Twitter
- 6 p.m.: Kershaw’s no-hitter (2014 vs. Rockies), MLB on Twitter
- 9 p.m.: 2015 Home Run Derby (Frazier beats Pederson in final round), ESPN2