The 2020 MLB season can still happen, and it appears there’s a better chance it returns than a season not happening. With that being said, we should be nearly two months into the 2020 campaign by now.
There were a lot of different storylines surrounding the Dodgers for this upcoming season. Cody Bellinger coming off his 2019 MVP year. The acquisition of Mookie Betts and David Price. Clayton Kershaw saying he’s 100 percent healthy and eager to get the season rolling. Seeing young guys like Gavin Lux, Will Smith, Dustin May and Tony Gonsolin get more action in their second year. There were a number of different things that had Dodgers fans excited for 2020.
What were you looking forward to seeing the most this upcoming season. Scratch that, what are you looking forward to when the season resumes?
For me, I just want to see baseball back, regardless of how it returns. I’m also really looking forward to returning to Dodger Stadium, whenever that may be.
- The Los Angeles.... BROWNS? It almost happened. Back in the early 1940’s, the St. Louis Browns were trying everything they could to relocate to Los Angeles. Check out this great piece from Mike Petriello on the move that would’ve changed MLB history forever.
- Major League Baseball told players their prorated salaries would contribute to an average loss of $640,000 for each game over an 82-game season in empty ballparks, according to a presentation from the commissioner’s office to the union that was obtained by The Associated Press.
- Bryce Harper laid out a plan as to how the 2020 season could potentially return.... and it’s, not bad? Take a look for yourself.
- MLB sends union, players ‘daunting’ health protocols on how to play game safely in a pandemic
https://t.co/j0rWwoSSyU MLB’s health/safety protocols left me both impressed and depressed. They were thorough and detailed, but in that showed just how many needles will have to be thread in how many places to get the game restarted.— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) May 16, 2020
- Something really cool happened at Wrigley Field