After 16 days of working out, playing intrasquad games, and simulating innings against each other, the Dodgers will play actual opponents for a trio of exhibition games beginning Sunday night.
They don’t even have to leave home, for now, with all three exhibitions at Dodger Stadium.
- Sunday vs. Diamondbacks, 6:10 p.m. PT
- Monday vs. Diamondbacks, 6:40 p.m.
- Tuesday vs. Angels, 6:40 p.m.
All three games will be televised by SportsNet LA, with Joe Davis and Orel Hershiser back after John Hartung and a group of analysts called the intrasquad games.
ESPN revealed their announcer assignments for the opening weekend of the regular season, including two Dodgers games. Coupled with Fox televising Saturday’s game, that means three of the four Dodgers-Giants games will be exclusive national broadcasts:
- Thursday (7:08 p.m.), ESPN: Karl Ravech, Eduardo Perez, Tim Kurkjian
- Friday (6:40 p.m.), SportsNet LA: Joe Davis, Orel Hershiser
- Saturday (1:10 p.m.), Fox: Joe Davis, A.J. Pierzysnki
- Sunday (7:08 p.m.), ESPN: Matt Vasgersian, Alex Rodriguez, Buster Olney
MLB & MLBPA announced results from COVID-19 testing on Friday. There were six new positive tests, including five players, in the last week. The report lists 10,548 samples were tested, but not the number of people. If every team maxed out their player pools we’d be at 1,800 players in camp, so as a rough estimate of the denominator, that means 0.3 percent of players tested positive last week. As a comparison, 58 players tested positive on intake testing as part of reporting to summer camp.