The Arizona Fall League kicked off Wednesday with six teams of prospects from all 30 major league teams. Seven of the prospects participating come from the Dodgers’ organization, playing for the Glendale Desert Dogs.
We’ll be checking in on all Dodger-related news from the annual showcase of talent once a week through the end of the league in November. After four games, the Desert Dogs are 3-1 and have had several positive contributions from Dodger minor leaguers.
Here is a look at how each player has fared thus far. Follow along here for the games as they happen.
- 3B Kody Hoese is 2-for-6 with a run scored in two starts.
- OF James Outman has played in three of the four games, going 1-for-8 with three walks. The only hit was a solo home run Thursday.
- SS Jacob Amaya went 2-for-3 Thursday, clubbing a three-run homer to go with two walks and a stolen base.
- Bobby Miller started Saturday and gave up one hit and a walk, striking out two in two innings. It just so happens the one hit was a solo home run off the bat of former Dodger prospect Jeter Downs.
- Landon Knack followed up Miller Saturday with three solid innings, allowing no runs on one hit and striking out three.
- Jeff Belge pitched an inning Thursday and gave up a run on two walks and a double.
- Kyle Hurt has appeared in two games, allowing two hits in two scoreless innings with three strikeouts and a save.