The wait is finally over. Trevor Bauer will make his Dodgers debut this upcoming Monday against the Rockies. Manager Dave Roberts spoke with the media on Saturday afternoon and said that the expectation is for Bauer to throw two innings.
First pitch will be at 12:05 p.m. PT on SportsNet LA.
News and notes
- Sheldon Neuse told reporters he’s comfortable playing all four infield positions.
- DJ Peters will start the first two games of Cactus League action in center field. Roberts said he expects Peters to make an impact for the Dodgers at some point in 2021.
- Mike Kickham will start on Sunday and will be followed by Edwin Uceta.
- Sunday’s game against the Athletics will be seven innings. Monday will be six innings.
- Gavin Lux is in a better place “mechanically” than he was last season. Roberts has been very encouraged by what he’s seen early on in camp.