Some Dodgers news from around the web to tide you over until the team heads to Peoria Saturday to play the Padres.
- Dave Roberts met with beat reporters on site in Arizona before Thursday so I missed when he said Matt Beaty had earned a spot on the opening day roster. Bill Plunkett at the Orange County Register breaks down the position player mix.
- Alex Wood told Andy McCullough at The Athletic this about Clayton Kershaw: “Nobody can say shit about Clayton, about the Dodgers, about any of those guys. He’s done it now. But he didn’t need that for his Hall of Fame career. He didn’t need that.”
- Pedro Moura at The Athletic offers his updated prediction at the Dodgers’ 40-man roster, and I agree with him at all 26 spots.
- Mitch White, whose grandparents and mother immigrated from South Korea, talked Friday about the recent rise in violence against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders. Jorge Castillo at the Los Angeles Times has more.
- Victor Gonzalez against left-handed batters and Brusdar Graterol against right-handers are among the pitchers who stood out for their incredible splits in Tim McCullough’s fantasy baseball analysis at Baseball Prospectus.
- MLB needs to update its revenue sharing system but likely won’t, writes Marc Normandin at Baseball Prospectus.
- Sports Info Solutions made adjustments to their 2017-2019 data, which resulted in lots of changes to Defensive Runs Saved. For example, the Dodgers in 2019 were previously measured to have 126 DRS, but after the adjustment instead saved 105 runs on defense. That still led MLB that year, but there were some substantial changes.
- Off topic but still cool: Clinton Yates at The Undefeated talked to Tag Team about their GEICO commercial so prevalent the last few months.