Although the season isn’t even a month underway, it seems as if we haven’t really had a solid look at what a lineup for the Dodgers could look like come October. Well, tonight’s is certainly the closest we’ve come in some time.
All nine players in the Dodgers lineup tonight saw an extended amount of time for the Dodgers last season, and will likely be key. components on the 26-man roster come playoff time.
With numerous injuries over the last few weeks, the Dodgers have fielded numerous different lineups featuring lots of minor-league players who likely wouldn’t be seeing this much playing time had everyone been healthy.
LA has been slumping as of late, losing six of their last eight games. The offense has been in a major slump, but tonight’s lineup seems like the perfect lineup to bring the spark back and get a winning streak going. Manager Dave Roberts is even calling his shot.
“We’re going to break out of the slump tonight because Walker is going to pitch well and we’re going to score more than they do.” Roberts said.
News and notes
- AJ Pollock had a 24-hour stomach bug, hence why we haven’t seen in recently. Dave Roberts said he’s feeling fine and is available off the bench and will be in the lineup tomorrow.
- Dodgers will throw Trevor Bauer on Thursday. They might use a spot starter during the weekend in Milwaukee. Prior to the David Price injury, he was expected to make one start against the Brewers.
- Cody Bellinger is going to head to Arizona this weekend and rehab at the alternate site. He’ll see live pitching. Trending in the right direction. Pain has been subsiding, did 40 percent bodyweight running and came out of it feeling good.
- Joe Kelly will throw tomorrow. There’s a chance he could return at some point during the road trip depending on how he feels after tomorrow.
- Roberts said he’s received his second vaccine shot. Said more Dodgers players have gotten theirs, but they are still close to the 85 percent threshold goal. Expects team to reach it next week.