The reinforcements are coming, and Dave Roberts provided an update with the latest injury news on Thursday.
AJ Pollock was seen running around the bases prior to the game. Pollock has been on the Injured List for a few weeks while nursing an injured hamstring.
“It’s a step in the right direction,” Roberts said. “We have to have that conversation. Looking at how much time he’s missed and what he needs. Whether that’s going to OKC and playing in games, certainly a step in the right direction, though.”
Roberts said that Pollock re-injuring his hamstring after missing nearly a week due to it wasn’t ideal. The plan is to continue to do whatever works for Pollock in getting him back to the team sooner.
There’s still no timetable as to when we can see Pollock return, though. Roberts said the team is still trying to decide as to whether or not the outfielder will need to go on a rehab assignment. If Pollock does play some games in the minors, Roberts said it would only be three or four games.
We also got an update on Corey Seager, who has missed two weeks with a broken right hand. He was seen fielding grounders at shortstop on Thursday. No throwing though, yet. Seager had the large wrapping removed and had a splint on his right hand.
“I know Brandon McDaniel stayed back with him and got the conditioning part of things, the leg work, the glove work,” Roberts said. “Once he’s healthy enough to come back and play games, we want him to hit the ground running. He’s on that plan. He’s such a great worker.”
Tony Gonsolin will make another rehab start for the OKC Dodgers on Friday. He threw three scoreless innings in his first start. Roberts said the plan is for him to throw four innings, but having him go five would be fantastic.
Roberts said Gonsolin likely has two more starts left with OKC. The first one being tomorrow with the next being next week, potentially Tuesday.
Other news and notes
- David Price is getting the start in today’s bullpen game. He’s expected to go one time through the order.
- After pitching yesterday, Dennis Santana was optioned. In the move, the Dodgers recalled right-hander Mitch White
- Day off for Gavin Lux, who isn’t in the starting lineup.
- Dave Roberts said that Cody Bellinger is still on track to return to the Dodgers on Saturday.
- Brusdar Graterol is with the OKC squad and will throw live BP tomorrow. First game to follow after that.