The Dodgers currently have the second best record in all of baseball. They are the favorites to win the World Series. With that being said, this looks like the most crucial trade deadline for the team in years.
At the moment, LA is without a number of starting pitchers. Walker Buehler, Julio Urias, David Price and Tony Gonsolin are the four arms currently in the rotation.
Urias has never thrown this many innings. Price hasn’t been asked to pitch more than three innings this season. Gonsolin is still trying to build back up after missing the first few months of the season.
At the moment, the rotation looks like a mess and there are a lot of questions. Luckily, the trade deadline is approaching. With LA looking to likely add a starter, who are some names they could look into? Aside from Max Scherzer — who doesn’t appear to be on the market — there aren’t any marquee names available.
It will be interesting to see what names the Dodgers find themselves attached to in the next few weeks.
Speaking of names, check out below all the different ones who could potentially end up in Dodger blue.
- Sean Keeler of The Denver Post asked some MLB insiders where they think Rockies starter Jon Gray ends up after the deadline, with a few answering the Dodgers
- Speaking of starting pitchers that could end up with the Dodgers, here are 10 names that Mike DiGiovana of the LA Times says you should keep an eye on
- Fabian Ardaya from The Athletic also takes a dive into which names we could potentially see the Dodgers acquire across the pitching and hitting market
- Alden Gonzalez of ESPN goes in-depth about the craziness we might see in the race for the NL West crown
- Bill Plaschke of the LA Times explains why he believes the Dodgers need to cut Trevor Bauer now
- Speaking of Bauer, he’s a helpful Q&A from the LA Times featuring everything you need to know about the next steps involving his case