Don’t worry, what happened yesterday wasn’t a dream. Well, I guess it kind of is since it technically hasn’t been made official yet. However, it’s likely going to finalize soon and Max Scherzer and Trea Turner will be Dodgers.
In arguably one of the biggest trades in franchise history, Andrew Friedman acquired two franchise-altering players from the Nationals yesterday. Just like you, I’m beyond shocked it actually happened.
Ironically, I was talking the other day about a potential Scherzer/Turner blockbuster trade, but I didn’t think it’d actually happen.
Here’s what people have been saying recently about the historic trade.
- Ben Clemens from FanGraphs goes in-depth on this mega-deal and just how truly big of a pickup this is
- Bradford Doolittle of ESPN gave the Dodgers a very high grade of the trade, like really high
- The Athletic did a roundtable with a bunch of different writers sharing their thoughts
- Kyle Glaser at Baseball America broke down all the prospects in the Dodgers-Nationals trade
- “Blockbuster” isn’t big enough a word to describe this trade, says Zach Kram at The Ringer.
- Keith Law of The Athletic talks about whether or not the Nationals got enough back in the deal
- Jim Alexander from the OC Register wrote about just how much better the Dodgers are now
- Joe Musgrove of the Padres offered his thoughts as well:
Joe Musgrove, your thoughts on the Dodgers trade?— AJ Cassavell (@AJCassavell) July 30, 2021
"It doesn't change things, man. We feel like we're better than that team, regardless. We feel like we want it more, we've got the pieces that we need. We've still got another day, so who knows what Preller's got up his sleeve."