Not a lot of baseball this week on the podcast. We recount the timeline of Trevor Bauer getting investigated for assault, then getting placed on administrative leave by the Dodgers.
This episode does include allegations of sexual assault that could be upsetting and difficult to listen to. If you’d like to skip past the Bauer discussion, please skip ahead to 22:49 in the podcast.
Thanks to producer Brian Salvatore for the quick turnaround on this episode, and thanks to the handful of folks who helped behind the scenes before we sent it out.
Programming note: We are taking the All-Star break off, so we’ll see you in a few weeks.
Related links for this episode
- Bauer investigated for assault
- MLB places Bauer on administrative leave
- The timing of MLB and the Dodgers was disappointing
- Restraining order details, from Katie Strang and Brittany Ghiroli at The Athletic.
- More restraining order details, from Jeff Passan and Alden Gonzalez at ESPN.
- Bauer is under investigation for felony assault, from Leila Miller and Jorge Castillo at the Los Angeles Times.
- Explaining the legalities of consent, by Sheryl Ring at Beyond the Box Score.
- Pasadena police investigation into Bauer “is bigger than we thought,” from Bob Nightengale at USA Today.
- Tim Marchman on what the aim of sport leagues’ domestic violence policies should be, from Kevin Goldstein’s Chin Music podcast on FanGraphs.
- Dave Stewart livid about Dodgers handling of Bauer situation, from Nightengale.
- “I’m a survivor of abuse, Trevor Bauer is retraumatizing me,” writes Ring.
Episode link (time: 31:38)
Baseball talk starts at 22:49