Player of the week
James Outman from the Tulsa Drillers was honored on Monday as he was named the Double-A Central hitter of the week. The past week, Outman went 12-for-27 (.444 AVG) with three home runs and an OPS of .962.
He is batting .385 during an eight-game hitting streak and has reached base in all 15 games he has played for Tulsa.
Triple-A Oklahoma City
Things got out of control late in Albuquerque, as the Isotopes (Rockies) scored eight runs in their final two innings as they defeated OKC, 11-6. ABQ had a 3-2 lead entering the bottom of the seventh, but a two-run inning followed by six runs in the eighth put the game out of reach. OKC made things a little interesting in the ninth as they scored three runs, but they lost by five.
Yoshi Tsutsugo continues to stay hot at the plate in AAA. He hit his 10th home run of the season and finished with three hits. On July 10, Tsutsugo was hitting .119 with an OPS of .480. Now, fast forward a month later, he’s hitting .255 with an OPS of .863. He’s been one of the best litters in LA’s entire farm system over the last month. Friendly reminder that he’s no longer on the Dodgers’ 40-man roster, and with how deep the roster is now there’s not much depth for him at the moment. Still, you can’t help but smile watching his success over the last few weeks.
- Dodgers optioned RF Zach Reks to Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Catcher Tony Wolters assigned to Oklahoma City Dodgers.
- Catcher Anthony Bemboom assigned to Oklahoma City Dodgers.
- 5:05 p.m. PT: Wichita (TBA) at Tulsa (Bryan Brickhouse)
- 5:05 p.m. PT: Great Lakes (Clayton Beeter) at Wisconsin (Joey Matulovich)
- 5:35 p.m. PT: Oklahoma City (Andre Jackson) at Albuquerque (Brandon Gold)
- 7:05 p.m. PT: Rancho Cucamonga (TBA) at Inland Empire (TBA)