Player of the day
There wasn’t really a notable performance on the day, so we’ll give it to Bobby Miller who returned from the IL after missing nearly six weeks. He pitched 2 2⁄3 scoreless innings for the Loons.
Triple-A Oklahoma City
The Dodgers’ comeback fell just short, as they fell to the Albuquerque Isotopes (Rockies), 7-6. OKC rallied late and scored a run in the eighth and a run in the ninth, but they couldn’t pull away with the victory.
Matt Davidson drove in three runs and hit his 21st home run of the season. Matt Beaty and Tony Wolters each finished with three hits. Gavin Lux went 0-for-5 at the plate.
Andre Jackson made the start for OKC but got pretty roughed up. He allowed five runs (four earned) on six hits in 4 2⁄3 innings while striking out only two. It was one of his worst starts all season across Double-A and Triple-A.
A close game through most of the way, but eight runs from the Springfield Cardinals in the final three innings gave them the blowout 10-1 victory.
Clayton Beeter went 2 2⁄3 innings, allowing two runs on two hits with three strikeouts. That’s really the only thing notable from this game. The Drillers offense was quiet, as Justin Yurchak and Hunter Feduccia each had two hits. Feduccia also drove in the lone run.
High-A Great Lakes
The Loons picked up the 5-1 victory over the Fort Wayne TinCaps (Padres), 5-1. Hits from Ryan Ward, Andy Pages, Jorbit Vivas and Brandon Lewis gave the Loons a 3-0 lead after the first inning. Lewis singled in another run in the sixth inning and a wild pitch scored another to give GL a four-run lead.
Bobby Miller made his first start for the Loons since July 23. He didn’t miss a beat, as he tossed 2 2⁄3 scoreless innings with three strikeouts.
Low-A Rancho Cucamonga
The bats were hot for the Quakes, as they defeated the Lake Elsinore Storm (Padres) 8-4. RC scored four runs in the second inning and three runs in the seventh inning. Jose Ramos led the way for the offense as he had two hits and drove in three runs. Ramos hit his fifth home run of the season, a solo shot in the seventh.
Imanol Vargas hit his 14th homer of the season, a two-run shot in the seventh inning.
- Los Angeles Dodgers selected the contract of LHP Andrew Vasquez from Oklahoma City Dodgers.
- Los Angeles Dodgers optioned RHP Ryan Meisinger to Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Oklahoma City Dodgers released RHP Yaisel Sierra
- Oklahoma City Dodgers activated SS Elliot Soto from the 7-day injured list
- Oklahoma City Dodgers activated RHP Jake Jewell
- Tulsa Drillers activated 1B Justin Yurchak from the 7-day injured list
- Great Lakes Loons activated RHP Bobby Miller from the 7-day injured list
- Great Lakes Loons placed LHP Jose Hernandez on the 7-day injured list.
- LHP Ben Harris assigned to Rancho Cucamonga Quakes from ACL Dodgers.
- RHP Jordan Leasure assigned to Rancho Cucamonga Quakes from ACL Dodgers
- Rancho Cucamonga Quakes placed RHP Martin Santana on the 7-day injured list
- Rancho Cucamonga Quakes placed RHP Robbie Peto on the 7-day injured list
- Albuquerque 7, Oklahoma City 6
- Springfield 10, Tulsa 1
- Great Lakes 5, Fort Wayne 1
- Rancho Cucamonga 8, Lake Elsinore 4
- 4:05 p.m. PT: Fort Wayne (Noel Vela) at Great Lakes (Logan Boyer)
- 5:05 p.m. PT: Albuquerque (Ryan Castellani) at Oklahoma City (Nick Tropeano)
- 5:05 p.m. PT: Springfield (Dalton Roach) at Tulsa (TBA)
- 6:30 p.m. PT: Lake Elsinore (Robert Gasser) at Rancho Cucamonga (Jimmy Lewis)