Player of the day
Gavin Lux had himself a great afternoon in Oklahoma City. He reached base five times and was a large part of the Dodgers’ offensive production. For the game, Lux hit a home run, double, single and walked twice.
Gavin Lux returns to #OKC and immediately back to hitting. Hope he figures it out. #Dodgers pic.twitter.com/PF6fRD8jri— Ian Eskridge (@ieskridge) September 6, 2021
Triple-A Oklahoma City
After falling behind 4-0, the Dodgers scored nine runs in the fourth and fifth inning as they took down the Isotopes (Rockies) 12-5.
Omar Estevez put OKC on the board in the fourth inning with a two-run homer, his sixth of the season. Gavin Lux doubled in a run to cut the deficit to one run, with Matt Beaty driving him in to tie the game up at four.
Zach Reks and Christian Santana hit back-to-back homers to begin the fifth inning, as the Dodgers took a 6-4 lead. A few batters later, Lux crushed a two-run homer to dead center field, putting OKC up 9-4. For Lux, he had his best game since being sent down to OKC. For the game, he reached base five times, as he had a home run, double, single and two walks. He was also at second base, for those keeping track of him moving all around the field.
Ryan Pepiot had yet another rough outing at the AAA level. In 3 2⁄3 innings, the right-hander allowed four runs on six hits and had four strikeouts. It’s been a struggle for him since being promoted from Tulsa. In seven starts with OKC, Pepiot has a 6.75 ERA, 1.78 WHIP and 17 walks in 32 innings.
- Los Angeles Dodgers selected the contract of RHP Neftali Feliz from Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Los Angeles Dodgers optioned LHP Andrew Vasquez to Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Oklahoma City Dodgers activated RHP Aaron Wilkerson from the 7-day injured list
- 4:05 p.m. PT: Tulsa (TBA) at Amarillo (TBA)
- 4:05 p.m. PT: Great Lakes (TBA) at West Michigan (Zac Shepard)
- 5:05 p.m. PT: Albuquerque (Ryan Rolison) at Oklahoma City (TBA)
- 7:05 p.m. PT: Rancho Cucamonga (TBA) at Inland Empire (TBA)